Monday, December 13, 2010

Resolutions

2010 had been a year that I will never forget. Many ups and downs that I have had to deal with, many friendships made and some lost and the power of moving forward that I have come to own.

The ups and downs were just things that I have dealt with whether they were new things or things that I had to finalize and move away from. I have to say that although it had been hard, I am proud of what I have accomplished this year and one thing in particular is my "finding" of myself that I can honestly say I am happy with...myself.

Let me talk a little bit about the friendships and when it comes to the ones that I have lost, well they are lost for a good reason...expiration date had been long gone but I had forgotten to discard the people that were somewhat poison in my life. When people do not contribute to my growing I have learned that it is better to let them go and move on. I don't mean to sound cruel but if I do not take care of myself no one else is. Everyone is out there taking care of themselves and here I was taking care of everyone else but me. It is time I raise my hand and stand up. My time has come to grow. And that I will be doing.

Moving forward comes hand in hand with the issues above and also with the fact that I have learned to deal with those things first hand.

Resolutions for the new year are just a continuum of the last year's resolutions and that is for me to be ME and  have the power to know the difference.

Peace and Love.

D.

No comments: